Dear Partners and colleagues,
We participate the new Egyptian customs regulation related to Advance Cargo Information (ACI) will be mandatory starting from arrival to Egypt from 1st of October 2021.
The importer shall register the full import goods details on Advance Cargo Information (ACI) before each shipment’s loading process takes place, ACID will be issued related to each ACI request from the Egyptian customs authorities.
It is the importer’s liability to ensure the shipper is going to include (the ACID No. / Egyptian Importer Vat No. / Exporter Registration no.) in the shipping declaration – B/L – manifest, commercial invoice, packing list, EUR 1 (if needed); in short in each piece of documentation.
Procedures would be as follows:
– Egyptian importer provides shipment’s full data;
– Customs authority evaluates cargo potential risks, if cargo is acceptable, ACID is generated;
– Shipper, prior vessel sailing will prepare documents to send via blockchain Cargo X platform https://help.cargox.digital/en/user-manual (registration);
– Egyptian importer reviews and approves those documents and would request the pre-customs.
Owing to above mentioned, IFS will need to receive no later than 96 hours before vessel calling spanish port the following data:
· SHIPPER’S VAT NUMBER
· SHIPPER’S CARGO X REGISTRATION NUMBER
· IMPORTER’S VAT NUMBER
· SHIPMENT’S ACID NUMBER
For further information, please check the link below: https://www.nafeza.gov.eg/media/files/ACI-Shipping-Lines-Guide.pdf
Our Sales Department and Transhipment Desk will be at your disposal for any further support.
IFS – International Forwarding